Student Playwriting Competition
As part of our 90th birthday celebrations, The Questors Theatre is seeking submissions for our student playwriting competition 2019.
Do you have ideas whizzing around your head that you’d love to put to pen and paper? Are you itching to see your stories come to life? Or perhaps you’ve already written a promising play that you haven’t shown anyone yet? If so, this is the perfect opportunity for talented writers to enter our competition to be in with the chance of seeing your work be developed from the page to the stage.
Eligibility• You must be a current student at university
• Plays must be in primarily in English
• Adaptations must only be of out of copyright work
• Plays must not have been commercially published
• Plays must not have been professionally produced
• Plays can have had one amateur production staged previously
• Plays must be full length - not one act plays
• Collaborated entries are allowed
How do I enter?• Plays must be submitted in PDF or Word format by email
• Email to: email@example.com
• Your subject line must be: ‘Script submission by (your name)’
• The front page of the script must display your name, course, home and university contact details, and cast list.
• Maximum of three submissions each
The deadline for all submissions is 31 July 2019
• A performance of your play staged at The Questors Studio in spring 2020
Judging panel to include:
• Oliver Ford Davies (playwright, producer and actor)
• Tamara von Werthern (Nick Hern books)
• Carl Grose (Deputy Artistic Director of Kneehigh Theatre)
Dame Judi Dench
Spread the word!
Sponsored by the Alan Davidson Foundation